Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"I Wuv You."

He jumped on his bike, and for the first time ever he said, "Bye Mom. I wuv you." 

With all the doubts, terrors and uncertainties that surrounded Landon at the time of his birth, thinking ahead to the time when he would tell me he loved me never, ever crossed my mind. It was an unanticipated gift that waited patiently to present itself to me. It always seemed so far away, why would I think about it. For a long time we learned to take Landon's life one day at a time and for many months, one second at a time. We lived in the moment, often holding our breath through those moments, but living them the best we could. And even though now he is a 100% healthy - a crazy, wild, hilarious 2 year old - I still try to really live in every moment. Soaking him up as he is now. I don't think about what he will be like in a year or in a month. He continues to do things on 'Landon-time' and rushing him or wishing him through things doesn't work. We sit back, watch, laugh and have faith that he will get there and since second one, he has.

Because I wasn't expecting it, his little words hit me like a freight-train and nearly collapsed me. My boy. Alive. Happy. Thriving. And openly, loudly and proudly he is verbalizing that he loves me back.

Time stood still and I knew it was one of those moments, a precious gift in life, that I would recall all throughout my life. My heart would sing praise and my face will smile whenever I think of him on his little red bike darting away, but not before telling his mama that he loved me.


No comments:

Post a Comment