Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

You made this? From scratch?

I know Dylan really enjoys something Addi and I make when he asks, "You made this? Like from scratch or did it come from a mix or something" That means, "Wow. It actually tastes good. It must be from a mix." Cooking and baking is a work in progress for me. We have been married for 5 years and probably at least one out of every five meals I make is not edible! As I tell Addi almost daily when she is working on writing her letters, "Practice makes perfect!" So I keep trying, learning and force feeding my husband my creations.

Dylan asked his famous question twice last night. I made Tortilla Soup and Soft Pretzels. Both were warm and delicious! Yah, me (and my sou-chef Addi). And yes, we made them both. I followed a recipe, kneaded the dough and everything! Thanks for keeping me honest honey! It might not always taste perfect, but I promise not to let you starve.

The recipes I choose are not difficult by any means. When I happen upon a particularly fun recipe for Addi I will share them. This soft pretzel recipe was easy and the dough was soft enough for Addi to work with and create her own fun pretzels.


adding flour
punching down the dough


personalizing her own pretzels


Addi's creations topped with cinnamon and sugar



1 comment:

  1. That is great... I am so not a chef. It scares me to death to cook! The only recipes I've had a good run with are Pioneer Woman recipes. They are the best and so easy!

    ReplyDelete