Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Thank you cards

I think thank you cards are very important. I enjoy sending them and I really appreciate receiving them. I will admit I wasn't able to keep up with thank you cards for some of the wonderful gifts we received for Landon. My mind was obviously somewhere else for many weeks. I lost track of which ones I sent and misplaced a list of gifts I was keeping. I feel bad about it. I feel under the circumstances people will understand and forgive me.

I try to write thoughtful messages. I want the gift giver to know that I/We truly appreciated their thoughtfulness, kindness and generosity. For Addison's birthday gifts I came up with a very easy, but very special thank you card idea and wanted to share it. I simply uploaded a picture of Addi either playing with or wearing her gift and added a simple message to the photo using Picnik. Each picture thank you literally took seconds to create and at 9 cents or so per pictures to print they are very cheap. Here a couple examples:

2 comments:

  1. Oh Brandi! What an awesome idea! I'm so going to do this for Tanner's birthday and possibly even Christmas. Thanks for the ideas. I think that the art of the THANK YOU card is dying. Let's keep it alive... and in FUN ways!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awsome idea and a really thoughtful way of saying thank you!
    -Katie Neuman

    ReplyDelete