Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Addison

Our little baby girl is four. I really cannot understand how this happened so fast! 

Our good friend Julie posted, "In my mind she is still the sweet little 8 month old who looked at the picture of the wolf on your wall and would howl! And make all of her other cute animal sounds." I feel the same way. Right before our eyes she has morphed from that sweet 8 month old who performed for our friends on cue into a little girl who, most of the time, acts more like a 13 year old than a preschooler . I was there these past four years, I witnessed it all, but I still don't believe it.


The night before her birthday Addi was so excited in anticipation of her big day. Since the day she turned three she has been eagerly awaiting for the day she turned 4. It was a huge deal to her for some reason. The morning of her birthday I was eagerly awaiting her waking up! Her cupcakes were baked and the balloons were blown up and scattered throughout the house. Sometime early in the morning she had crawled into bed next to her Daddy. At around 9 am, I couldn't take it anymore and went in to wake her up. I started to say, "Wake up honey. Are you going to sleep your whole birthday away?" She snuggled closer to her daddy and said with a huge smile on her face, "I will wake up when my cake is ready!"



I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, we had ice cream at the carousel, we had sandwiches at the Brewery for lunch, we went out to pizza for dinner and then had cupcakes for dessert! We spent her day (besides eating) "finding" and opening more and more presents, playing with her new toys, decorating cupcakes and playing at the carousel. 

Her new Rapunzel dress and wig!
At the carousel.
Balloon dancing!
Playing with a gift.
Ice cream at the carousel.
Opening presents.
Decorating cupcakes.

Strawberry cake, at her request.
Trying out her new skates.
Blowing out her candle and making a wish!

Addi is so fun to spoil on her birthday. She is so appreciative of each gift and each card. She studies each card and has us read them to her. She gets genuinely touched by the words. She hugs gives big hugs after opening her gifts and says things like, "Oh, thank you. I just love it." or "You are so sweet." or "Are you serious?" She is such a sweetheart - so honest and grateful. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it when I see that you've blogged! Yay! Made my day to read all of these. Can't believe Addison is 4. Wow! And Mr. Miracle onesie... perfect!

    ReplyDelete