Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

oh, Missoula ...

... I love thee.


 I had to go back and look through photos to figure out the last time we were in Missoula. The kids and I were back briefly in November on our way home from Spokane and we did not make a trip back all winter.  We all were missing home something crazy and it felt so great being there this weekend. Plus a huge bonus, the sun was out and there was NO wind!



 The PERFECT springtime day in the woods.


As soon as we round the corner on the interstate and the football stadium and the "M" come into view, a rush of emotion comes over me -- I am home.

I was thrilled that my friends, Cori and Becca, decided to permanently adopted sweet Remmy. He is so loved and I know he will remain so, so happy. When we dropped him off Addi and Kaidyn were so excited to see each other again.

                                   

We spent some time visiting Grandma Bobbi and the kids. Landon played basketball with Grandma Bobbi, while Addi jumped on the tramp with Aunt Jaci.

                          


                       
A trip to Missoula is not complete without a stop at the carousel.

                               


With Grandma Deaette, Addi and I engorged ourselves on a giant frozen yogurt and fruit covered waffle!

                             

Dylan and Dave spent Saturday fishing on the river. Dylan has been going through some major river withdrawals. Hopefully this will subdue his cravings for a few weeks. {Those boys rarely take pictures for me! They forget how important pictures are for my blogging!}

I spent a lot of time with my Granny. I was able to go with her to a couple doctors appointments. She has been having trouble with her toes. Her poor 89 year old body does not want to keep up with her sharp-as-a-tack brain. We even got to go shoe shopping together! It was a blast and anytime spent with my Granny is very, very special time.

Landon went hiking with Daddy and Grandpa Jeff.


Addi and I both got a much needed hair cut. She was excited to tell people that four whole inches were cut off!

                             

We spent Saturday night at Dave and Em's house. Jake, Jodi and Christian joined us for dinner. Christian was very excited to see his "camp girlfriend". Landon thought Christian was so, so cool and loved wearing his cool boy hat. Sweet Fischer is just waiting for his turn to run around with the bigger kids. Meanwhile he watches and giggles and grabs on tight when someone (Addi) stops to kiss on him.



Addison is in love with baby Fischer and even suggested to Auntie Em that we trade him for Landon! She loves babies.   


Before driving back home, on Sunday we took advantage of the beautiful spring day and headed to the woods for a hike with our Englund family! Days do not get any better than this.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the spring sunshine made it warm, actually warm! Plus we were together in the woods, with all our babies! We've been through so much together, not always happy times, but always together. Sometimes hundreds of miles separate us, but we always pick up right where we left off, as if no time has passed. As we watch our families grow I am so full knowing I get to watch as they grow-up, together. As an extension of our biological family, I know my kids will always have the Englund's in their life for whatever they may need. Real, true lifelong friends that will withstand generations!


The Powlunds.
Sweet baby Fisch, 7 1/2 months old.

Ergobaby Dads scouting for elk with their baby sons in tow!
These kids love to hike.



My Nature Bug investigating deer hair on the trail.

LW, 20 months old.



And we can't say goodbye until Papa gives a ride on the four-wheeler!



Until we meet again, Missoula.





No comments:

Post a Comment