Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dora-B-Explorer

After spying on Addi reading a book, cuddled on her Dora couch, I knelt beside her as said, "You know Addi, maybe you should pass on your Dora books to your friend Jorydn." Addi replied, disgusted, "You know my Papa gave me these Dora books. How could I ever tell him that I just gave them away?" How can I argue with that!


From about 20 months on my Addi has loved anything and everything Dora The Explorer. She has Dora paraphernalia from one end of the house to the other. She has a good friend who is just turned two and she now has the same relationship with Dora as Addi did. A few times I have asked Addi to pass on her Dora things to Jordyn. She abruptly refuses every time.  As much as I would love to purge more of Addi's things I am a little anxious to say goodbye to Dora as well.

To me Dora and Boots will always remind me of toddler Addi. While reading a Dora book or watching Dora on TV I will always remember they way she would shout, "Backpack!" or "Map!" Before going on a hike she would always fill her backpack with snacks, binoculars and her Dora doll. You never know what you adventures you will find. Dora taught her to always be prepared because you never know what friend might need your help!

2 year old Addi and Dora


Dora was a big part of Addi's toddler life and I am happy to say Addi is not ready to part with "Dora-B-Explorer"!


No comments:

Post a Comment