Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mr. Mischief

And so it begins. The gradual transition into mischievousness - the I-know-its-wrong-but-I'm-going-to-do-it-anyway phase! (Addi entered this phase around 24 months and she has yet to come out of it!! --- It's a long phase I guess!)

He knows he is not to climb on the toilet. If I don't remember to shut the bathroom door I will spend my day literally peeling him from the fixtures.  I have had premonitions, day-dreams, a mother's gut intuition of him slipping and banging his chin on the sink counter, before he crashes to the tile in a heap of blood, missing teeth and hyperventilating tears. No thank you! Despite the apparent danger and high level of risk, he absolutely loves it. He loves to pull himself up on the toilet, stand on the very edge on his tippy-tippy toes and stretch and stretch until he reaches the water faucet to turn the water on full blast. After his huge naughty accomplishment he cracks up in his mischievous little grin.

Once I unhinge his grip and remove him from the upstairs bathroom he will make a bee-line down the stairs to check to see if I remembered to shut the downstairs bathroom door. I will hear him shriek in defiant failure while banging on the shut door!

It is so scary to watch him teeter on his tippy-toes and seeing him body's stretched to the max, but his proud little grin is just so cute!

"Here, I go! This will be so great."


"And reach and stretch..."


"Did you see me? Did you see what I did? Wasn't that awesome?!"



"It was naughty, but hilarious and so worth it."



{21 months old}

No comments:

Post a Comment