Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mountain Air

I am wishing, and wishing hard for spring. I dream of warm, lazy days laying in the grass watching my kids play. I long for evening walks to the ice cream parlor and playing catch in the front yard. I look forward to feeling the breeze blow through open windows and long, drives on forest roads searching for bears. As much as I love hats and coats and scarves, I am so ready to put the winter clothes away and dust off my Chacos!


We needed to get out into the crisp, fresh air. We needed to breath in the healing powers of a mountain breeze. We've been cooped up in this germ infested house for one day too long and this mama was going crazy. So we went. It was cold and we could barely open the car doors against the wind, but I was determined. 

Addi ran to the cliffs and was upset at me that I wouldn't let her bring her rope and harness. Someone, other than me, is very anxious for climbing season!






Although we only walked for about 20 minutes - L-Man's sickly, crabby, frown was replaced with that big smile - the fresh mountain air worked!



No comments:

Post a Comment