Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Celebration

I had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving, so we were unable to go home on Thanksgiving. We made plans with Dave and Em for the 1st annual "Powlund Thanksgiving" on Saturday. I had to break it softly to Dylan that we were not having a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving because I would be cooking on Saturday instead. It was like taking candy from a child, "No turkey on Thanksgiving?", he said with a big pouty lip! I did make us cinnamon rolls in the morning. However, they came with great pain! I forgot about them for a bit and forgot to set the timer. When I finally remembered them, I quickly got up from one our bars stools and stubbed my pinkie toe so hard I collapsed. It was all crooked and so sore. I couldn't stand on it. Dylan assured me that I would live!! I am not sure if I actually broke it, but it has been so sore for a week. I can barely put full weight on it and it is green and purple!

We had Thanksgiving day open, with no plans, so I volunteered us to help out at the Salvation Army Thanksgiving Dinner. It was very nice. Even giving a couple hours of yourself to simply wash dishes, take trash out and tidy up, gives you great perspective. I am so thankful we had the opportunity to volunteer our time, together as a family, to help out with a wonderful cause. Addi was totally into helping take out the trash and wash dishes! It was sweet to watch her get excited about helping out.

After work on Friday we drove home to Missoula. Scott and Jackie had Baby Liam's 1st Birthday party in Missoula on Friday. We spent the evening watching all the kids play, eat cake and throw bubbles in Marge's giant bubble bath! Jackie's boys are so sweet. I just love spending time with them.






On Saturday Dave and Dylan hunted, Emily went to work for a bit, Addi played with Papa, and I started our Thanksgiving dinner. I really enjoy cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I had the Christmas music blaring and had Em's kitchen messed up with lots of yummy food. Dylan and Dave came home early and kept me company while I finished cooking. Jake, Jodi and Christian joined us for dinner and Jared and Sara stopped by. It was a fun evening and my food was great, especially the bacon braised green beans, apple pie and hot-spiced wine!!



Christian, Jodi, Addi and I put together a gingerbread house after dinner. Well let me clarify, Addi and Christian (and Dave) ate the candy as fast as I handed it to them, and I actually made the house! Christian giggled while he chased Addi and the pugs around the house. Addi pinned him down in a classic Addi choke hold while she brushed his hair with a fork! Poor Addi, she really needs a baby brother or sister. Christian's little face said, "I am so glad I don't have a big sister!"






The turkey took affect and by 9:00 p.m we were all in bed!

On Sunday morning Dave whipped up the Dave Special, pancakes, eggs and sausage! Dylan, Addi and I visited Papa and Grandma Bobbi, Jack, Jessica, and Jaci and then we drove home. We were unable to see Grandma and Grandpa Powell because they are in Australia visiting Spencer!! We are not jealous at all!





We usually get our tree the weekend of or the weekend after Thanksgiving weekend. We were planning on getting it in Missoula but decided to wait until next weekend.

We are so thankful for great food, wonderful friends and family and a weekend full of fun!!

1 comment:

  1. A little clarification is needed...your food was Phenomenal not just great. We are the lucky ones to have a friend who would slave all day by herself to feed us a delicious Thanksgiving meal. We love you and are happy to hear that this will be an annual thing!

    ReplyDelete