Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mom Update #8

I finally have some up beat, optimistic news to report on my mom's cancer. By December 1st of this year she should be all finished with radiation and chemo and by Christmas she should thinks she will be healed and feeling better. They told her after the 1st of the year they will do a body scan to see if they sapped it all gone.

Early this month the doctors took her off all radiation and chemo because her white blood counts were really low. They wanted to give her body a little rest. She is back on both now and tired and run down again. She is still on a feeding tube, getting all her nutrition from a baby formula looking substance that she feeds to herself through a tube in her belly.

It has been a long few months for me, full of worry and uncertainty. I don't want to even pretend to imagine the emotional and physical drain it has put on my mom...but maybe the light we see is the light at the end of this cancer tunnel.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brandi! It is Katie Neuman (Schomber). Davis let me know you had a blog so I came on to say hi and see how you were doing! I'm sorry to hear your mom is sick but very happy to hear things seem to be getting better. I'll keep her in my prayers. Do you mind if I stick a link of your blog onto my blog?

    Keep in touch,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear this!!

    ReplyDelete