Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

As I pause to reflect after a busy Thanksgiving weekend, tears come to my eyes. It is so easy to get all caught up in life. It is easy to take for granted a blessed, warm, happy life. I wanted to compile a, "I am Thankful for" list.

I am Thankful for:

My precious daughter -- She is my joy and I am so thankful to be her mamma. Daily she brings me laughter and happiness. Along with bringing me joy, she also challenges me everyday. She makes me want to be the very best mother I can be!

My husband, Dylan -- I am so thankful for him. He works so hard to provide a good life for us. I am thankful for our marriage and friendship and I am thankful for the future we have together.

My family and my in-law family -- I have always been so thankful for how close we all are. We have had to overcome many things together and we are so close because of everything we have gone through. My favorite niece Ellie takes up a large part of my heart. She is so wonderful. Although I don't get to hug and kiss her everyday, I am very thankful of how close her and I are. I am so thankful for my daddy. His unconditional love, guidance, support and counseling is invaluable to me.

I am so thankful for Dylan's family. They are always so supportive and generous and I feel very lucky to apart of their family.

My friends -- You know who you are! I have the world's greatest friends and I can't imagine life without you. You complete me! Our adventures, inside jokes, traditions, talks, dinners, and parties are so important to me. I appreciate everyday the advice, support, pep-talks and guidance you all give to me. I feel very lucky to have a very special group of friends to experience the ups-and-downs of life with.

My warm home -- This one is often taken for granted by me. I am so thankful for my warm, clean, safe and comfortable home.

Our four-legged family -- More often than not our three dogs, Mason, Kya & Pug-Pug, are driving me crazy, but when I need unconditional love and cuddling they are always there for me! This list includes Molly and Gordy Englund -- our sweet, wonderful God-Dog (I have appointed us as their God-parents!) pits!

Christmas music and cheezy Christmas movies -- Few things make me as happy as Christmas music and movies this time of year!

My Freedom -- America isn't perfect, but I am so thankful to be American. I can pursue my dreams, hike pristine mountains, love my Jesus, raise my family the way I want to, and I am able to support and defend what is important to me. I feel protected, safe and fortunate.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! We have SO much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post Brandi!!! well said.

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said and done. We are thankful for you as well! We being Molly & Gordy too!

    ReplyDelete