Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Kendall and Josh's Wedding

The "whorl wind of craziness" is over, Kendall and Josh are married. I have said it several times, the last few weeks have been crazy getting ready for the wedding. The Saturday before the wedding my house was packed with excited, supportive women celebrating Kendall. It was a great bridal shower. After Grandpa Phil's funeral Aleta and Emily helped me scramble a few more things together before guests arrived. I served brunch complete with homemade muffins of all sizes, fresh berries, "egg goop", coffee and juice. I all turned out surprisingly beautifully. Kendall got many, many wonderful gifts. We even got her to blush with some sexy lingerie! Deaette made the room burst into laughter with a giant, size 100, panties and underwear! It was hilarious. Kendall said, "I don't even know what this is or what to do with it!"


After the shower the wedding party and the mother's of the bride and groom went for pampering of our toes and fingers. It was relaxing, however, the paint chipped almost immediately. Later that evening the wedding party and friends went out on the town. It was a great night out. We laughed a lot. I was seriously sore the next day from all the silly dancing!

On Wednesday the decorating of the church and Hertiage Hall began. Several late nights later the decorating it was complete. WOW, is all I can say. The President could have shown up and felt comfortable with the beauty of the reception hall.

Josh's family hosted a Thanksgiving Rehearsal dinner at the C'Mon Inn. It was lavishly decorated and the food was great. Addison had a great time playing with her second cousin, Ari. Addi and I went swimming after the dinner, which she loved.



The wedding went very smoothly and was so sweet and beautiful. Addison did great. She was to sit in an adorable wagon and I was to pull her down the isle and she was supposed to toss leaves out of the wagon. She did sit in the wagon, which was great, because during rehearsal she would not do it! I helped her toss the leaves out of the wagon for Kendall to walk on. About half way down the isle she shied into laying down in the wagon trying to hide from all the people! She was, as usual, adorable!



Kendall was stunning! Her dress and her hair were perfect. Josh was very sweet and made us all cry when he said his vows.

As matron of honor, I gave a toast to the bride and groom. I don't even remember what I said, I totally winged it. It went well We ate and danced until around 7:30 pm. Addison loves to dance. Someone said she 'already has rhythm! She is so much fun. She is still talking about "Kendall's party" and the "dancing". The music ended and we sent the bride and groom away with fireworks and sparklers. I loved it. It was a really cool idea.


Kendall's family and friends spent the next several hours taking down all the decorations and cleaning up the reception hall.

The happy couple are in Vegas celebrating their new marriage!

2 comments:

  1. Your toast was perfect, Brandi! A lady at our table said something like "wow! I didn't know Brandi was such a wonderful speaker, that was just great!"... it really was quite good! AND you looked beautiful while doing it :)

    It was awesome to see you guys and to talk, even if for a bit. Addi is beautiful and I can't believe how big she is! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendall is so lucky to have you...and so am I.

    ReplyDelete