Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Oooooo, Christmas Tree

Last Saturday Dylan, Addi and I and Emily, Dave, Jake, Jody and baby Christian bundled up and headed into the woods to search out the perfect Christmas tree. We found the snow up Elk Meadows. We went up as far as the snow would let us. We built a huge fire at the beginning of a gated road. The chili, hot dogs and hot chocolate kept us warm.

The girls and the kids set out in search of our tree. Jody found her tree right away. We joked with her that she stole the tree Emily and I had picked out! Addison found her perfect tree not long after Jody. She pointed it out to Daddy who chainsawed it down for her. She even drug it a little way! I finally decided on one right before we packed up. It is a difficult decision. Your relationship with your Christmas tree is an important one. You need to feel bonded to your tree! Plus I felt so happy to be up in the woods choosing my tree the right way! I enjoyed not being in Salt Lake City strolling through a imitation forest in a golf course parking lot! It just isn't the same.



We put Molly-Dog to work and had her pull Addison in the sled! It was fun until Addison started getting snow in her face.


On the way out, in the dark, Dave and Emily finally found their tree!

Dylan pulled out a slick-tired Saab that had slid off the road into the snowy ditch! Thank goodness for big trucks and four wheel drive.

There is nothing better than spending a snowing day in a Montana forest with great friends and good food.

Our beautiful Christmas tree is decorated and looks great! I love Christmastime and all the great traditions and memories our family is creating.

2 comments:

  1. It was an awesome day! Thanks for sharing it with us. My tree was worth the wait. I can't wait for you to see it! I can hardly believe I picked out in the dark. It is my favorite tree to date! It must have something to do with the company involved in the hunt. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling pictures! I really like the one with the three of you together in the snow and the one where Addison is getting a sled ride from the dog is funny!

    ReplyDelete