Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Who You'd Be Today

I missed you today, Danny, more than I have in a long time. The temperature was bitter cold, the sky was deep blue and clear, the mountain tips are covered in white, clean snow, and there is a silence about today that is screaming your name. Today would have been a day you, me, Jakey and Sara would have skipped school, piled into my Jeep and headed to Lost Trail for a cold, clear, day of skiing.

I look forward to the day that I see you and hug you and my soul is once again complete .

Until I see your smile again bro...Missing you and loving you, Your big sis.

These lyrics, sadly enough, say it perfectly.

Who You'd Be Today
Sunny days seem to hurt the most
Wear the pain like a heavy coat
I feel you everywhere I go
See your smile, I see your face
I hear you laughing in the rain
Still can't believe your gone

It ain't fair you died to young
Like a story that had just begun
But death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I've been through
Just knowing, no one could take your place
Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today

Would you see the world
Would you chase your dreams
Settle down with a family
I wonder what would you name your babies
Someday's the sky's so blue
I feel like I can talk to you
And I know it might sound crazy

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
I wear the pain like a heavy coat
The only thing that gives me hope
Is I know, I'll see you again someday

1 comment: