Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Countdown to Disney

Well, we originally were going to keep it a secret from her. We thought we might fly to California without her knowing our real destination. Not until we would tell her to change into her Ariel princess dress that I secretly packed for her would she know what we were up to! Last night I changed our minds! I decided the anticipation is sometimes as exciting as the trip and for our five year old dreaming about Disneyland has taken up much of her little life! Last night I gave her a hint: you and Landon will need to get a new sand bucket and shovel. The beach! She shouted! We get to go back to the beach?!

Then later we gave her one more hint: Where do your favorite princesses go to dance with their princes?? She hid her face and we could see her smile explode behind her hands. She got so embarrassed. She ran away to hide. I tried to video her, but she was so excited she wasn't acting normal!! So was she surprised and excited? Oh yah!  She had so much emotion that she kind of went crazy! She wouldn't speak and just clung to my leg. All she could muster was running to her room to find her Little Mermaid movie. It was her silent way of saying to us she really hopes she gets to meet Ariel, her most favorite princess. I think she thought we were just teasing her. She really didn't believe us for a long time! "You must be lying. You are just kidding with me, right?!"


This morning we made a paper ring countdown - 26 more days!


No comments:

Post a Comment