Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

30 Into 31

Just like that, thirty has turned into thirty-one. Time goes by faster with every month. That is what makes me sad. I can deal with the effects of aging. I try and remain positive and remember each dark spot was a day I spent laughing in the sunshine, rowing the boat or having a beer with a best friend. And every laugh line or new wrinkle was the result of watching my children do something funny or listen to my husband tell a funny story. Every mark is a mark of a good life spent enjoying the blessings in my life.


The physical marks of age I can handle, the increasing speed at which time goes by -- I cannot.

I woke up on my birthday with sore butt bones and a headache. A beautiful reminder of the perfect evening spent surrounded with my newest and oldest friends, laughing around the bonfire, eating, riding horses and watching our kids run around the ranch without a care in the world.

The morning of my birthday there was giggling and encouraging talk coming from my kitchen. I knew I would walk out to see my home filled with my most favorite people. Auntie Em was helping Addi handwrite me a birthday card. Uncle Dave and Dylan were sipping coffee on the couch, swapping the same old stories I'm sure. Dave said, "Happy Brandi's Day!" Landon was still sound asleep and baby Fischer was crawling around the kitchen floor. It already was a beautiful day and I felt so thankful to have these people in my life making my birthday weekend extra special.

Dave made his world famous breakfast. We have had countless mornings greeted with a large breakfast. It never gets old.

The sun was out, there was not a single drop of wind (Addi's words) and it was actually hot out. We spent the whole day on the patio. Addi and Landon stripped and played in the hose. We made a delicious impromptu lunch. They sung Happy Birthday and I blew out my candles on a variety platter of cheesecake. It was awesome!


Sweet babies cuddling in the sunshine.

We spent the evening at Shane & Claudia's house on the lake. She made homemade peach pie and ice cream and we watch the golden sun set over the mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment