Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy 89th Birthday Granny

Our Granny. Tough. Beautiful. Stubborn. Warm. Hilarious sense of humor. Ornery. Encouraging. Loving and generous. Above everything else, her family has been always most important to her.



My whole life my Granny has been front and center cheering me on, literally and non-literally. I always heard my Granny cheering well, coaching really, from center field! She has always pulled for me. Giving me words of encouragement and advise. If I need the truth, the real truth, I ask Granny. She doesn't sugar coat much of anything. I strive to live my life as honest as she.  She has been a wonderful example to me. She has taught me that life throws you some curve balls. Life is not always fair or easy, but it is beautiful and worth fighting for.  She is so strong and independent, but she also leans on those who love her when she needs to.

If feel so blessed to have my Granny in my life. And I am so happy that Addi and Landon have the opportunity to be loved on by Granny. A purely devoted love.

                                                                             ::

Our family gathered in honor of our Granny's birthday. Granny has five children, Aunt Sandy, Uncle Gary, Papa, Uncle Roger and Aunt Robin and five step-children. She has many grandchildren and great-grandchildren and one adorable great-great-grandchild, Ava.

Granny and some of her great-grandchildren. 

It was so great catching up with all my cousins and their cutie-pie kiddos. 

So many sweet babies!

{September 23rd, 2012}

No comments:

Post a Comment