Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Addison Goes To School

"I will not go to school." That is pretty much how the day before her first day went. She was dead set on rebelling against the whole preschool thing. I tried pumping her up. Telling her all the new things she would learn. "But Mama, I already know everything. I have no more room in my brain to learn anything else", she said with her arms crossed firmly in front of her chest and her head and nose tilted up and to the side in her, I-will-not-budge-if-I-don't-want-to face.

A minor melt down this morning!
Once she picked out her first-day-of-school outfit her attitude started to change. The super-sparkly-silver-princess-shoes we got last year on super clearance at Target were brought out. She had forgotten about them and when I asked her if her super-sparkly-silver-princess-shoes would make her feel better about going to school she shouted, "Yes!" The only way to clear out her major Addi-Tude is to either change the subject to fashion or hand her a mint-chocolate chip ice cream cone.

She was up early. We cuddled on the couch for over an hour. When my alarm went off at 6:45 am she was still wide awake. Giddy almost. I was so happy. I just remember the horrible two weeks when she started daycare for the first time in Helena. We both were a miserable mess for so long and I did not want her to feel that way again.

We talked with BFF Jaden about the goodbye routine over waffles. Addi asked over and over again, "Okay now. You promise you will pick me up right at 11:30?"


For a long time Addi has said she wants to be a whale girl when she grows up. What is a whale girl you might ask? Well, Addi wants to be that girl who goes to the arctic to visit the beluga whales and then take rides on them. In precious Addi's world that profession exists. All I can say while gleaming pride is, "Me too baby girl. Me too!"



Daddy, Landon and I dropped her off. She went right in, hung up her backpack and then found her name at the table.  She said goodbye and gave us each a big hug. With some hesitation and a push from Dylan we walked out. When she lost sight of us she started to cry, whimper really. By the time we walked out she had stopped. 

 



When I picked her up she had the biggest smile on her face. She had a great day. She is very excited to go back. 

1 comment:

  1. "but mom, I already know everything!" - best line ever.

    ReplyDelete