Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Little Ballerina

I didn't cry when she sat in a circle and sang her name to her music classmates for the first time. I didn't cry when she put on her backpack and walked into preschool. I didn't cry the first time she did a somersault on the balance beam at gymnastics and I certainly didn't cry when she kicked her first goal in soccer. But when my little girl put on her all black ballet leotard, tutu and tights I started to cry. With her hair all pulled back in a ballet bun she looked too grown up. I was so overcome with emotion and I wasn't ready to be knocked down by the sight of her. She walked over and hugged me. I am amazed how she is able to recognize emotion and is wise enough to know what I was thinking without me saying anything. I just smiled and hugged her and she said, "I am still your little girl mommy." Talk about breaking my heart into a million pieces.


Preschool ballet class. Such a simple thing. In Addi's world it has been very important and all she has talked about for so, so long. It felt so good to finally be giving her this gift.

Addi's friend Jaden is also in her ballet class. We took a girl's only road trip to Great Falls for their first class. Corrie and I walked them into the studio and then watched them from the window. Addi and Jaden did not stop smiling and giggling the entire class. They both made sure their mamas were watching as they danced and skipped and bent in half. They were so enveloped with joy. After class they were sized for their ballet slippers and tap shoes.

This reminds me of The Notebook,
 "Tell me I'm a bird. Tell me I'm a bird"
 

What an exciting, beautiful time in their little lives. I love watching her grow, learn and explore new things in her world. She warms up to new situations a lot quicker. She is developing into an outgoing goof ball, too smart for her own good!


After class we stopped for a giant, cheesy, greasy pizza! Our little ballerinas were starving!






2 comments:

  1. I loved ballet so much as a little girl. I bet she is in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's making so many great memories and skills that will last a lifetime. Awesome job for giving her the opportunity to follow her dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete