Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

BaBy-Q Bash

Our friends Dave and Emily are expecting their first baby, a little boy, the first week of August. This weekend Dylan and I hosted a BaBy-Q Bash in celebration of his upcoming arrival. We threw a co-ed barbecue in Missoula for Dave & Emily's family and friends to join us in the celebration.

** I am so disappointed with my pictures. With all the running around I was doing I didn't get very great pics. 
I am going to steal Em's pics and then revamp this!

I made the invitations, favors and table pieces.


We had food. Way too much food!


We had friends.


We had games and prizes.

Diaper Raffle & Pin the Sperm on the Uterus. 

We had kids. The kids had activities. The kids had FUN!

My AMAZING sister Jessica was my assistant for the day. I COULD NOT have done it without her!


We had decorations and music.




We had a few brief rain showers.


Christian & Addison thought the sunshine rain was pretty fun!

We love our Dave and Emily and we are beyond-words excited for their baby boy. Poor Emily has had the pregnancy from you-know-where. On top of it all the past couple weeks she has been dealing with preclampsia -- almost daily trips to the hospital, high blood pressure, chair/bed rest, protein in her urine, plus countless other issues.  On a very good note baby is very healthy and doing very well. If the preclampsia doesn't cause even sooner delivery, labor will likely be induced at 38 weeks. Em has been amazing through it all. She is doing everything in her power to keep her blood pressure low so that little boy can stay in and grow as long as possible.


People were so generous. Dave, Emily and their baby were blessed with many great gifts, books, diapers and cash!

The diaper raffle was a success!
__________________________________________________________________________________________

On Sunday, Dylan, Dave & Jared floated the river. I just have to post this hilarious picture of Dylan & Dave. No, they do not coordinate their outfits beforehand! Twins from different mothers!


1 comment: