Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

A Birth Day - Fischer Jacob

I have experienced nothing as magical as witnessing a baby being born. I was with my sister when my niece Ellie was born and I was with Cori when she had her daughter Kaidyn and I have never experienced anything as special. The whole process amazes me. I couldn't help feel like I missed out big time when Landon was born. I didn't get to go through the special process of laboring and delivering Landon. Giving birth to Addison was so amazing, so calm, so perfect and I really wanted to do it again. This day was extra special to me because of that. Being apart of another birth, especially the birth of someone I care for so much meant the world to me. I will treasure this day forever.

Due to high blood pressure and other symptoms Emily was induced three weeks early. When Emily called to let us know she was going to be induced we extended our stay in Missoula an extra night. We were there to support Dave and Emily in any way they needed. When Emily invited me to be in the room when her precious baby was born I was overjoyed and ecstatic.

Talking, telling stories, laughing ... waiting for baby to arrive.


I was so blessed in being a part of welcoming Dave and Emily's baby boy, Fischer Jacob to the world on July 17th at 5:52 in the evening.  After laboring for 20 hours and pushing for about an hour Fischer arrived, perfect and completely healthy. He weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces and was 18.5 inches long. He is long and slender. He has long, dark hair and long finger and toes.  Beautiful in every way. Right after he was born I picked up the camera and took his first pictures. Probably annoyingly too many pictures, sorry. He'll have to get use to the camera in his face his whole life! When you agreed to marry me as your best friend you agreed to take me and my camera for better or worse!!


Picture by his proud Daddy, minutes after he was born. 

Dave and Emily were amazing. Both so calm, strong and focused. I am so proud of them both! I cannot wait to watch them in the adventures of parenting. They will be amazing!

Happy birth day little man. I look forward to watching you grow and learn. I look forward to all our adventures together. You are apart of the Powlund's now! A very, very special place to be! I am sure there will be many more postings about you and Landon causing all sort of mischief together (much like your Daddy's have done)!

A good morning picture text the day after he was born!


No comments:

Post a Comment