Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

A Dare to Give Thanks - Part II

My personal journey to record 1,000 things I am thankful for:

Click for Part 1

46. The tiny fist of my baby's fingers wrapped around my thumb
47. Anxious sled dogs barking and pulling, ready to run
48. Spotting the first buttercup announcing spring's arrival
49. Ripples on crystal clear river water
50. Perfection of a spider's web
51. Hearing my favorite songs on the radio
52. A pair of jeans that fit just right
53. An empty hamper (meaning the laundry is done!)
54. Rolley polley bugs curled up tight in my palm
55. Learning something new
56. Finishing a book
57. The unconditional love from my pug Kya
58. The long furs covering black and orange fuzzy caterpillar
59. Raspberries picked fresh from the bush
60. Summer thunder storms
61. Fireworks off the end of the lake cabin dock
62. The excitement of a new hobby
63. Mountain peaks reflecting perfectly in water
64. Sources of heat, particularly - My heat dish and heating pad
65. Fresh huckleberry pancakes
66. Watching water drop off the end of my kayak paddle
67. Observing the love developing between my daughter and son
68. Ice cream
69. When Addison climbs up on my lap just to say I love you Mamma while wrapping her arms around my neck
70. Patagonia outerwear - clothes that fit my long monkey arms and small frame
71. Older couples walking hand in hand
72. Home videos
73. Curling up next to my husband in a blanket watching a movie
74. The feeling of being home when I pull into Missoula
75. Pygmy goats
76. Blue glacial ice
77. Dinner by candle light
78. Breakfast food
79. Giving gifts to my daughter, her thankfulness and appreciation for simple gestures of my love for her
80. The perfect bubble gum bubble
81. A clean car
82. Laying on my back, in the forest, in the sunshine
83. The complexity in the minute details of a butterfly wings
84. Handmade cards
85. Baby carnations
86. Dolphin smiles
87. The color green
88. Standing on top of a 10.000 foot Montana peak
89. Time spent with my brother Jake
90. Cold, clear, cloudless, starry nights
91. The sound of a hot crackling fire
92. Building-less horizons
93. Coral polyps
94. The smell of mint
95. A perfectly broken in pair of hiking shoes
96. My right to own a firearm and protect my family if I should need to
97. Silence and calmness right after I put my babies to bed
98. Rummaging through antique shops
99. The sound of rain
100. Early morning bird songs

No comments:

Post a Comment