Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Addison Jo

"You will never be one again, the two's are tumbling in..."
Addison turned two on November 4th! We hung out as a family for most of the day. Her party started at 6:30. Being back in Missoula we are lucky enough to be surrounded by nearly our entire family and many wonderful friends. Most who are in town came over to celebrate Addison's day with us. We had a ton of family and friends smashed into our teeny, tiny house for a great birthday party. It was tight and cozy, but wonderful.










With Addison being obsessed with Dora and Diego, it was only appropriate to have a Dora themed party. I made a cake that looked like "map", "Giant forest, snowy mountain, Addi's Dora Birthday Party!!!" If you are familiar with Dora you know what that means! Addison and I also made purple cupcakes that had Dora on them for her friends. I made giant pots of chili and white chili, and corn bread muffins (which I burned when I tried heating them back up!).

I put together a picture slide show of Addi's first 2 years. I cried a few times while making it. It is so hard to believe that she is two. It ended up being 14 minutes long and it was awkward for everyone to watch because I couldn't get the DVD to play on our old DVD player so I had to show it on my computer. It was mostly for me anyway!!











Addison loved having everyone over. She was giddy and so excited and ran everywhere she went. She totally understood what opening her gifts was all about this year. And sweet natured like she is allowed the other kids to help her open her gifts! She got a ton of amazing gifts. I joked that I will be canceling Christmas as our house is packed full of Addi's stuff!!

When you ask her how old she is she doesn't show you two fingers, she says, "Twoooo!" She is a great kid and is still very easy! Hopefully she will skip the "terrible twos"! She can have an attitude but I am thankful she is even-tempered, not easily upset and so loving and kind.





It truly was a day to remember.

2 comments:

  1. I just love her! Happy birthday, Addi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...well she truely is 2! :)...To all that reads this: Brandi is the story here. She couldn't be a more amazing mom. She truely inspires me to be the mom that I am not sure that I can be...and she makes it seem so easy. I have, until now, thought that Addi is what made me feel like I was missing something...but it is Brandi...

    ReplyDelete