Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The loss of an old friend

A good friend from high school past away last week. Taige Smith was one of the most the most lovable, kind people I have ever known. He was my adventure partner and roommate when I lived in Hawaii. He was with me during a critical point in my life when I truly began to get to know myself and when I learned what was truly important to me. I will never forget his tall, gangley body running freely on the beach or his feet hanging off the end of his rummage sale bed! He had a wonderful laugh and smile and I only wish we would have kept in better touch the past 8 years. Taige is apart many of my high school memories..."Merry Christmas Missoula!" Taige, you will be missed.

The sadest part about loosing someone you were once close with makes me wonder why we didn't keep in touch. Why did we let stupid stressers in Hawaii come between us.

Another painful lesson in life. Don't realize what someone means to you only after they are gone.

Missoulian Obiturary

1 comment:

  1. I forgot that you were so close at one point. I am sorry that I didn't comfort you better when you told me the news...

    ReplyDelete