Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Carving...is not nice.











Last night we carved our pumpkins. Most people would not think carving a face into a pumpkin is mean or abusive, unless you are Addison. She carved pumpkins last year at Aunt Sara's, but I guess she did not remember that the pumpkins do not suffer in this process!! She sat at our table and watched Daddy cut the "hats" out and then watched him clean out the guts. She did not want to participate because it was, "wet." She sat there pretty much disgusted. Daddy drew his pumpkin's face on his pumpkin and began cutting it out with a knife. Addison was not impressed. She kept telling daddy, "No. Owie." In her precious little eyes daddy was hurting the pumpkin. It was time to cut the face out of her little pumpkin, the pumpkin she very carefully selected the week before, I was worried she would not let us. She watched intently as I cut out his eyes and when I poked out his nose it fell onto the floor. She said, "Nooooooooo." "Owie." "Nose." "Dropped it." She quickly picked up the pumpkin and said, "Sorry." and kissed and hugged her pumpkin. For the rest of the night she called him the "baby" and carried him around kissing and hugging and saying "sorry" to the pumpkin! She kept looking in the trash for her pumpkin's nose!

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness that is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny Addi. Her hair is getting long!

    :) Julie (and Carley!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has such a pure sense of things. I didn't think that I could love her any more than I already do, but then I read this...

    ReplyDelete