Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Beware angry, bees on the attack

On Saturday, I was viciously attacked by a crazed, possibly rabid honey bee or Yellow Jacket. Addison and I were walking the dogs at the river when the attack occurred. It was late evening when it happened. I don't remember the last time I was stung by a bee, but I do remember it not hurting like that. I was stung on the back of the neck. It felt like it kept stinging over and over again for at least 15 minutes. My muscles immediately stiffened and it felt like I had whip-lash. My head felt so heavy and I felt like I couldn't hold it up. I felt this way until the next day. It left a giant welt and red spot. A few minutes before the bee attacked me a little dog we were saying hello to also was stung. In all seriousness, I warn keeping your distance from fall time wasps and bees. They do seem to get more aggressive this time a year. In a quick search online I could not find any definite biological reasons why. So beware!

Addison was very sweet and kept checking on my "bee, owie" and kissing it better! I think this is why I recovered so quickly!

1 comment: