Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Rain, Rain, Come & Stay

The past week we have had so much rain in our little town. For the first time ever I am looking at the endless rain and clouds differently. Living here so many people and families rely on the rain for their livelihood. The crops and cattle need it as much as the rest of the earth does. On our soon-to-be land we will have several acres of alfalfa hay that will need the rain, and only the rain,  in order to grow and provide us with a little profit. When I look outside to another gloomy, rainy day and know that our day will be spent inside trying to stay busy, my mind now wanders to 'my land' and I am actually thankful for the rain. Nothing like being given a new, fresh perspective!

Before I was a mama I often thought I had most things figured out. I thought I knew me -- what was important, who I was, what I wanted out of this short life, and what I believed in. But these little people give me a new, fresh perspective so often I am left feeling like I know nothing about life and really in my twenty-six years (those before my babies) I had learned nothing of what truly mattered. THEY are the reason for my life. They were always in the plan and with every day and with every new perspective I am left humbled. I am left so in love that sometimes my heart pains for more -- even though when bedtime comes around and I am so THANKFUL for a little quiet time (!) --  I  always want to squeeze out just a little bit more of them -- to somehow bottle and preserve their faithful, purely devoted, nonjudgmental and always forgiving love. Because if nothing else in my day is accomplished, to me, that is all that matters.

between rain storms we get outside for a little walk.



Making Wishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment