Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Friday

Some weeks I just want to fall into a dark pit and wallow in my own sorrow. This was one of those weeks.

We got back from camping last weekend and on Monday the kids and I went swimming at the outdoor pool. It was warm and the pool was filled with friends as eager as us to enjoy our brand new community pool. It was a lot of fun. Landon slept in the stroller or sat in my lap. He did not have fun. I figured the new allergy medicine I was trying made him super sleepy. We got home and he slept the rest of the day.


Later that evening, Addi and I went to Epic, the movie. Dylan texted and said Landon had a fever of 104 degrees and he couldn't find the Tylenol. The extra buttery movie popcorn did not taste good, I should have know. With 10 minutes left of the movie, I started shivering uncontrollably. It hit me so hard I could barely walk out of the theatre to my car. I came home warmed up with the hair dryer and crawled in to bed. For a couple days we didn't move much. Landon and I came down with an instant bug and it nocked us out this whole week - high fevers, throbbing head ache and body aches and a horrible sore throat. Besides my pregnancy with Landon, I don't recall ever being this sick.


Green smoothie, working its magic.

Now it's Friday, still heavily loopy on cold medicine, but I am able to function. Vacation laundry is done, folded and PACKED! Moving boxes are starting to line the walls. Dylan said, "I really like what you've done with the place." His smart@ss comments are so helpful.

There is one lonely countdown ring hanging from the elk antler ~ you know what that means ~ only one more sleep until Disneyland!!! If we get there and you don't have jammies, a swimming suit or shoes, please don't blame the sickly mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment