Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Days 6 & 7: Laguna Beach, cont.

Day 6: Cupcakes, Shopping, Marine Mammal Rescue Center, Beach Play & Crystal Cove 

After breakfast we went to downtown Laguna Beach. We shopped for souvenirs and Addi had a delectable cupcake in an adorable, all pink, cupcake shop.


We went and visited the baby sea lion and seal pups at the marine mammal rescue center. Ever since Addi could talk she has wanted to be a "whale girl". What she means by whale girl is that wants to help rescue hurt whales and other sea creatures (including mermaids).  It was a cool facility where were able to watch the growing pups in their enclosures. Addi and I were able to snag a little time to talk one-on-one with one of the employees. I explained to her Addi's interest and the women explained to Addi exactly what happens at the center from the time they go out to rescue, until the time the animal is released.


After lunch at the hotel we headed for some beach play time.

Landon on the safety of his blanket.                      AND                                              Landon on the sand!






We finally located the place on the beach where we were wanting to have dinner  the previous night. Tucked away in a little canyon sits Crystal Cove. While waiting for our table at the beachside cafe, we had an hour to play on the beach, collect treasure and admire the foaming blue-tinted waves. We were able to witness the most amazing sunset drop into the ocean. During our San Diego vacation, I took (my timer took) a silhouette picture of Addi, Daddy and I against a glowing sunset ocean (Landon was in my belly, so he was there too!) and it has become a little tradition of ours. This year's picture, in my humble opinion, is just stunning and I cannot wait to blow it up and hang it on our new wall!











Dinner was so beautiful, so relaxing and so delicious. Daddy was very proud of Addi when she choose to share his filet mignon instead of ordering a kid's chicken strip meal.  I just kept thinking, if we encourage a taste for filet mignon, then very, very soon these special dinners are going to double in price! The kids were so excited when they each were brought a Smore for dessert. They've never had candlelit Smores before!





Day 7: Our agenda for our last full day in Laguna Beach was this....






After spending the morning at the beach, the kids took naps at the hotel and I snuck away to get my hairs all did up in a real salon.  At times I had two people working on my hair at once and also about five large brushes stuck in my hair at one time! I felt like a celebrity!


We had giant brew house burgers for dinner at the local brewery.



We were sitting at Main Beach watching the sun set and I spotted a pod of dolphins just off the beach! They were my first dolphins I'd seen in the wild. Addi was able to see them and watch for them to resurface. They were feeding up the beach, headed towards our hotel. We decided to walk along the beach and follow them. They swam near the beach and we were able to spot them many times as we walked back to the hotel. 






It was a beautiful evening.

Tomorrow we head back towards LA and we get to see Auntie Sara!

No comments:

Post a Comment