Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Twenty Down, 20 To Go

My pregnancy is half way done already. In 20 short weeks we will be holding our baby in our arms!



What is mamma up to?
On Sunday, while I was in the tub, I was able to see for the first time the baby moving. Dylan was also able to see baby moving! Addi was upset because she did not get to see it. She was too impatient to stare at the belly long enough! Baby is moving regularly and movements are stronger and feel more deliberate.

When I am not infected with whatever bug Dylan and Addi bring home, I feel great. I have extra energy and I am able to stay awake past 8 pm! This week I have come down with a terrible cough and my chest and lungs hurt really bad. Addi is back on antibiotics for a ear infection. Poor girl had a rough weekend being sick, coughing and feeling crummy.

I am starting to get really uncomfortable--already. I have gained 17 pounds and at my belly button I am 35 inches round! Getting out of bed and putting on socks and shoes is noticeably more difficult now.

We are trying to come up with a baby boy name. We are pretty set on a girl name, but boy's names are hard for us! Addi and I regularly read through the baby name book and I will ask her what names she likes. She says, "I don't like any boy names, only girl names." For a girl, Addi likes Angel and Alexis and of course, Addison Jo!

I don't have a feeling as to what the sex of the baby is. I always felt that Addi would be a girl. I don't know if that was mamma's intuition or if it was wishful thinking, I really wanted her to be a girl! On Easter Granny guessed it is a boy, based on the way I am carrying it! She said I am carrying high, which to Granny means boy. I feel like I am carrying the same as with Addi. Only time will tell!

Our exciting 20 week ultrasound is this morning! I am so excited to see baby's little face! We could find out the sex of the baby if we wanted to. I am standing firm with not wanting to find out. Dylan still wants to. We haven't made a final decision yet. Not knowing is driving Papa and Auntie Sara crazy! That is part of my motivation to not find out! Just to make them wait!!

What is baby up to?
Baby's length is about 10 inches, from head to toes. About the length of a banana.


Baby's main duty right now is to fatten up! Baby is busy growing hair on her head, eyelashes and eyebrows, swallowing and moving. Baby startles to loud noices and can hear us when we talk or read to baby. Addi enjoys including baby during bed time story!

No comments:

Post a Comment