Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

24 weeks

24 week down, 16 weeks to go -- 6 months down, 4 months to go. That sounds like an eternity. An eternity to find out exactly the extent of our baby's potential health issues. I want my baby in my arms and I want to know that he/she is going to be ok.




I know I shouldn't complain. I am so grateful to be pregnant. A lot of women have a way more difficult time with their pregnancies. I am grateful I am able to continue working. Bed rest right now would be detrimental to our insurance situation. Aside from the constant mental torment of not knowing what is happening inside my precious baby, I am experiencing so many physical annoyances lately.

You know that adorable pregnancy waddle that women develop in their 8 or 9th month? Well, I already have that! I waddle around all over the place as if I am about to deliver. Of course, my not-so-sympathetic husband thinks it is hilarious.

I have excruciating pain in my inner thigh -- the evil round ligament pain associated with pregnancy. It is nearly impossible for me to rotate my pelvis to roll over in bed, to get out of bed or to get off the couch. Any time I need to use the muscles and ligaments necessary for this simple movement, sharp, deep pains flood my pelvic area. It is more painful than I can explain. I had the exact same pains in the exact same area with Addi, but they didn't announce themselves until much later in my pregnancy.

At bedtime I develop restless leg syndrome. I have heard my little 'ol granny describe her RLS to me, it has always sounded horrible. Once I experienced it for myself I do not know how she dealt with it for so many years without climbing out of her skin from the inside out. I am exhausted from not sleeping the night before, all I want to do is waddle to bed and fall deep asleep, but my legs have a different idea. I cannot control them. They go through abrupt muscle spasms that I cannot control. It is so frustrating and literally scream out in frustration.

I am short of breath. My uterus is already interfering with my lungs. If I don't sit or lay just right I literally cannot breath.

I have acid reflux. If I don't lay at the right angle I feel acid start to seep up my throat. I have to be careful now of what I eat and make sure I don't over fill my stomach.

My thigh muscles are so tight and sore. Every time I get up from my chair at work I walk all bent over and waddle around for several seconds until my muscles loosen back up. I look like a Neanderthal and feel like a very old woman. I feel like I ran a marathon without training for it.

Of course, the back pain and the constant trips to the potty. Pregnancy = back pain & a lot of bathroom breaks. That goes without saying!

I thought maybe increasing my activity, more brisk walks, stretching and Yoga would help -- not the case, it makes these symptoms worse. The only thing that helps is rest and a warm bath.

For the past several weeks I have had to sleep on the couch. Every couple hours I find myself sitting up, wide awake. Needless to say I am exhausted. I cannot get comfortable to really fall asleep. All I want is one good nights sleep.

The frequency of Braxton-Hicks contractions have increased dramatically. I feel my uterus tightening at least three times per hour.

Enough mommy venting...what is baby up to?

Baby is so active. If you were sitting across the room you could see baby rolling and moving. My belly is often distorted into odd looking shapes when baby is changing positions. Baby has definite sleep/wake cycles. I can always count on baby to wake up around lunch time. Addi was the same way. Right at noon baby is dancing around waiting for lunch!



A baby at 24 weeks.



Baby is over 1 pound now and around 12 inches long. Baby is packing on the adorable fat that I love to kiss on.

What is big sister Addison up to?

Addi has really started to bond with the baby. She often kisses the belly and tells baby that she loves him. She likes to try and grap or poke a foot or butt when it is sticking way out! She likes to guess where the baby's head is. She thinks it is hilarious when I wake her up by having her baby sister/brother squish her (lay my big 'ol belly on top of her)! She likes to read books to the baby and tells the baby about her day! After seeing pictures of her friend Ella and her new baby brother, Will, Addi has decided it wouldn't be so bad to have a baby brother. We catch her calling the baby a him sometimes now! She says she wants a baby brother and a baby sister. Addi is so sweet to her mamma. Everyday she offers to rub lotion on my belly so, "It doesn't get all dried up!" and she rubs my back. _________________________________________________________________



We should get the full results from the amniocentesis and blood work this week sometime. I have a doctor appointment with Dr. McMahon here in Helena on Tuesday the 7th. I am not sure what will happen next. I guess we just have to wait until the test results are back to make a game plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment