Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Missouri River Fishing

Dylan has been raving about all the huge fish he is catching out of the Missouri River. Dylan had been raving so loudly Dave drove over from Missoula to fish for the weekend! I had to see the show for myself so Addi and I tagged along! I even stopped to pick up a fishing licence, just in case the fish fever was too strong for me to ignore! I am glad I did. I hooked and almost landed my first monster fish on a fly rod ever! When my monster Rainbow Trout broke herself free I was so disappointed. Four more inches to the net and I would have had the picture of proof - maybe the fish of the day!!! Dylan casted back out and almost immediatelty hooked another fish and let me reel her in and officially "land" her! It was a fun weekend. Well worth the painful stings of the harsh Helena wind and cold mornings. Addi enjoyed running to get the net when Dave or Dylan hollered for it! She thought the bright purple and red rainbows were so beautiful! Poor fish. Notice my death grip on her! She was not getting away without a picture!! "Uncle Dave, you wanna know something? I love you." Missed a big one!

No comments:

Post a Comment