Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Addison Lately

3/5/11
We were grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. Addi was wearing her fancy, faux fur, bright pink coat that Grandma and Grandpa Powell got for her. The bakery lady complimented Addi's coat and said, "I just love hot pink." Addi said, "I only like cold pink." I explained to Addi what "hot pink" was. She just giggled and said, "Oh, I like hot pink too!" I don't know what to do with this girl. She justs amazes me everyday!

March 2011
This is a little story of my niece Ellie, written by Sara... "So Ellie and I got to the airport a little early so we were just walking around and we walked past this giant poster that lined the walls of the security area, there was a guy on one of the posters that was a little bigger then real size and the picture was of him from about his mid thigh up and he was standing there with his arms wide open like he was going to hug you. K...are you picturing it?? So I was walking a little ahead of Ellie and I turned around to check on her and she was walking towards the poster with her arms open like him and she hugged him, (a flat poster mind you) right around his butt. She was so sincere. I just burst out laughing, it was the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life. She got embarrassed, it was adorable. I am in tears just thinking about it."

3/14/11
I was making myself a tuna fish sandwich the other day. Addi wandered into the kitchen and said, "What...is...that...smell?!" She was disgusted and her face was all scrunched up!

3/30/11
Last night after we bought our new dining room table, Dylan and I were some how feeling accomplished – like real grownups. I kissed Dylan and said, Congratulations us!” Addi said with great enthusiasm, "What is our baby sister coming now?!!"

4/1/11
A few times the past couple weeks I have asked Addi, "Ok, mamma has a baby in her belly. How does the baby get out of my belly." The past few times I asked her she says, "I don't know. The doctor does it." Then randomly last night she says, "I know how the baby comes out. It just comes out of your body." So simple, it just comes out!

4/10/11
Addi and I were sitting next to each other on the shore of the river. Addi got up and moved her chair behind me. She said, "Mom turn around. I can't see your beautiful face."

4/14/2011
Addi and I were goofing on the couch. Tickling and poking at each other. I was looking at Addi with a funny face and she said, "Hey, don't look at me like that." I said, "I made you and I can look at you any way I want to." Without missing a beat, she said, "You didn't make me, Jesus did."

4/16/2011
I was doing the dishes. Addison was at the table finishing up her dinner and she asked, "Mom, I am done. Can I have a piece of cake?" I said, "Addi, I am busy. You'll have to wait a minute" Addi continued, "Moommm. I want a piece of cake. Mom, I want a piece of cake." A little frustrated, I said, "Addi. You will have a piece of cake when I place it in your hands." She said, "But mom, I don't want cake in my hands, I want it in a bowl!"

1 comment: