Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ADDI-ISMS

I have been thinking lately that I really want a bunny. I haven’t mentioned it to Addi because I didn’t want to get her hopes up. Well, the other day I had made up my mind that we were going to get a baby bunny. Dylan was out of town, so that hurdle was absent!! I said to Addi, “Mommy really wants a baby bunny. Do you?” Addi replied, “No. I mean they are cute and everything, but I don’t want one. We already have three dogs!” I almost collapsed. I was not expecting her to say that! What three year old says no to a baby bunny! That was enough to curb my dreams of a baby animal in the house, for now!

Out of the blue Addi said to Dylan, “Dad you are not the boss. Me and my mom are!” He was not impressed with that. He acted like I coached her. No way, she just knows the way things work already!!

Addi and I were reading a bedtime story. And part of the story talked about a sheep's wool being used for making sweaters. Addi was confused and I tried to explain to her that farmers shave off the sheep's wool and then make sweaters. First she replied, "Sheep wear sweaters?" She kills me. I said, "No, the sweaters are for people." Confused again, she said, "Well, my sweatshirts are not made out of wool they are made out of sweatshirt." Maybe you had to be there, but it was so funny.

Auntie Sara and Ellie mailed us a huge box for Valentine's Day. It was full of all sorts of goodies. The other day Addi and I came home and I was unlocking the front door. Addi said, "Oh darn. No giant box from Sara today!"

Addi was being all crazy in our tiny bathroom the other night, dancing around and swinging her head like a punk rocker. I warned her to stop or she was going to hurt herself and sure enough she smacked her eyebrow/face on the sink so hard. I thought for sure she would have a giant black eye. All she got was a little purple dot below her eyebrow. So yesterday she picked out an all purple outfit - purple dress, purple shirt, purple sweater and purple tights. She said she needed to match the purple dot on her eye!!

Addi was having a teenage moment. We were out to eat and she was not obeying. She got in trouble and was not impressed with us. She said with a big pouty lip, "I don't like you guys anymore. I want to go to Papa's house, because I like him." Oh, dear. Sometimes we get a nice little preview of Addi in 10 years! Lord help us!!!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe we will get lucky and she will skip the teenage years and go straight to being a cool young adult!?

    ReplyDelete