Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Simply Thankful

It doesn't take a special holiday to remember to be thankful for all the blessings in my life. This time of year I find myself hugging my family a little tighter, eating a lot more and stopping to remember that it is the little moments and little memories that make a life full. My only wish is that everyone could have a full belly and someone to love on.

This year Grandma and Grandpa Powell and Uncle Spencer came over to our house for our Thanksgiving meal. This weekend Daddy is on-call for 96 hours in a row and he ended up having to work most of Thanksgiving. In between ER patients, we were able to all sit down and eat our meal together.

Addison loves to help with the cooking. The apple pie and rolls are her specialty. {Notice all the outfit changes!}



Grandma Deaette and I worked our tails off all day in the kitchen. We make a pretty great team. I am very messy while I cook. Deaette was so great to follow behind me all day doing my dishes and cleaning up my messes!

Our Thanksgiving menu is very traditional, a giant turkey and all the trimmings.


Daddy carved the upside turkey (whoops, my bad!!) at the table.





Landon had a pretty bad cold and he slept through much of the day. He perked up a bit at dinner and was especially excited over his roll.  Uncle Spencer, Grandma and Grandpa kept him entertained by reading and boxing and going on a long walk.


Addi in her new Chinese dress sent from Aleta & Kay. 

Addison and Landon squeezed in a few more loves before everyone had to leave.


I'm simply thankful. Thankful for the people in my life, for our health, for our warm home and for our full bellies. I am more than thankful for my hard-working husband and for our amazing Addi and Landon. For every moment we have together - I am thankful.

{I was there! I swear! Just too busy to get in front of the camera!}

No comments:

Post a Comment