Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

On A Tree Hunt

I look forward to this day every year and I know Addison does too, the day we go hunting for the the perfect Christmas tree. (And by perfect I mean the least crooked and least non-symmetrical one I can find before Daddy loses his patience!)




Addison pulled Landon in the sled for the first time. He was having a great time dragging his glove alongside the sled and then eating the snow off his glove. It was such a little kid thing to do. It made us laugh! His nose would wrinkle and he would giggle when Addi pulled a little bit faster. I think he liked it.




Once home Daddy worked on drilling a hole, a straight hole, in the bottom of the trunk in order to manipulate the tree onto the horribly impossible tree stand that several years ago he just had to have and now refuses to admit it is the worst thing ever created! Our tree never sits straight. I usually have to tether the tree to the wall with fishing line. Hey, whatever it takes! Once the star is up and the lights are strung and illuminating our precious ornaments the tree can be crooked and thin, maybe a little lopsided and top heavy! We don't care.

Opening the ornament box is like opening a journal. Each ornament has a story. They all came from someone or somewhere special. Each one tells a little story of our life --- vacation ornaments, baby's first Christmas ornaments and handmade hand print gifts from Addison are among my favorite. Addi was so eager and excited to decorate the tree this year she did most of it herself. When she came across an ornament she knew was extra special to me or Daddy she had us put that one on. Landon was napping, but she saved his two first Christmas ornaments for him to hang.




Hanging my wedding dress ornament, one of her favs.


Addi always picks out a special tree for her room. This year her tree is perfect. Perfectly symmetrical with thick, sturdy branches. Beautifully decorated in pink and sparkles. I have a little tree envy! I asked her to trade me, but she refused.




We are surprised how into the tree and all the lights Landon is this year. He attempted to help Addi decorate her tree. He "helps" plug in the lights and just stares and points at them. He loves, loves, loves our dancing Santa and giggles as Santa (and Addi) shakes his booty.



I love our personalized family ornaments from each year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment