Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Addison Jo Is Five (**gulp, tear)

The day after our Addi was born Dylan and I brought her home. We walked into our kitchen with her tiny self all bundled up and asleep, Dylan set the car seat on the table. We stood there looking at our baby daughter. Several minutes of silence went by, then I uttered, "Now what?!" It was so surreal for many days. We were parents. We had a perfect, little daughter who depended on us completely.  Did we know what we were doing? Heck no. But we loved her, she was ours and we would figure it out together. She made the transition into parenthood so easy on us. She was a quiet, happy, easy-to-please baby and after a few short days she was sleeping through the night. We knew she was made exactly for us! 

Our Addison Jo was a dream come true and everyday is better because of her.

Addi, 1 day old. Wrapped in the same pink blanket I was brought home in.

Our chunky bundle of giggle turned into a a spunky, bright, happy girl. Everyday she makes us laugh, teaches us something new and continues to challenge us to be better people. I know I say this every year and with each passing year I will say it, but I cannot believe she is already five. Where has the time gone? She is a beautiful child with a big heart. She cares for every person and living thing in her life with so much energy it is contagious. She is so emotionally mature. She understand things with the maturity of a much, much older person. She is so full of joy and compassion. She is always positive and sees the beauty in everything. She wakes up with the same smile she goes to sleep with. Even though it can be challenging now, I really admire how hard-headed and stubborn she is. She knows herself and what she wants and has several arguments to back herself up. Be prepared for a thoughtful debate if you try and tell her differently! She needs order, structure and a full explanation of what to expect. If she isn't surprised, she remains the same easy-to-please little baby we brought home. 







Dear Addison, 

Happy 5th Birthday my sweet love. I love you so, so much. You will never know how my heart melts every time you hug me and ask to cuddle with me. No matter how many birthdays you have (since you will not allow me to cancel them!) you will always be my baby girl.  You make me so happy. Your beauty and compassion is soul deep and I am so proud of you. Always remain confident in your self, it is a special quality. Please continue to respectfully fight to protect what is important to you. I love you honey. 

All my love,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment