Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Our First Choteau Grizzly Family

Today we were so lucky to finally see a sow grizzly bear and her two cubs. Dylan and Shane had been out hiking all day. Dylan called and said they had been watching this little family of grizzly bears and to drive up. Dylan described where they were. I loaded the kids up and headed their way. I spotted the bears grazing on a hillside before we got to the guy's truck. I snapped some quick photos. I am glad I did, our car scared them into the trees. Dylan and Shane were able to sit near their truck and watch them graze and play for over an hour. At one point the bears were grazing up on the hill as close as 100 yards.

In one picture mama is running, urging her last cub to hide. In the bottom right picture it looks like baby is looking back down the hill wondering what in the world they are running from! It was a quick view, but Addi spotted them and was so excited to finally see a grizzle bear!



Something is wrong with my Nikon, it isn't focusing right. It is soo frustrating. It is due for a tune-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment