Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Landon - Negative 2 Weeks Old


Landon is now 7 weeks old, 38 weeks gestation. I still have 2 weeks until my due date. Landon is wonderful. He is so sweet. Landon weighs 6 pounds 5 ounces and is 18 inches long. He wakes up very hungry every 3 hours and usually falls fast asleep again while he is eating. It is difficult keeping him awake long enough for him to get enough milk. He is wide awake about 2 hours a day. He loves being held. He loves being talked to. He loves listening to Addison's hyper, crazy voice. He loves holding hands and he when it is not too hot, he loves being swaddled up tight. He loves bath time but does not like lotion rubbed on him. He does not like his cannula and every chance he gets he is trying to rip it off his face. He does not like the pulse-ox monitor on his foot or the horribly loud siren it produces when his numbers fall below the set limits.

If I were still pregnant I expect I would be so over being pregnant!! I would have reached a whole new level of being uncomfortable. I wouldn't be sleeping, I would be hot, so hot and my back pain would be nearly unbearable. I would be feeling nervous and anxious about delivery. I would be washing and putting away baby clothes and organizing and re-organizing his room. I would be feeling excitement about bringing home a new baby and nervous about caring for a newborn again.


2 comments:

  1. It's so crazy that little Landon is still 2 weeks away from his due date! He is looking so great and it sounds like he's doing awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete