Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Saying Goodbye...Again

You know when you feel so sad all that is left is a numb sensation and you really aren't sure if your lack of feeling is actually feeling or an empty shell of existence. Mentally and physically you are unable to go through the pain again, so instead you go numb ...well, I hope when you read this you have no idea what I am talking about, that means you have never had to feel such emptiness and sadness...and for that, be grateful...

My family is forced to say goodbye to our Uncle Randy. When you can't possibly comprehend a state of mind so sad and lost, how do you begin to wrap your mind around understanding why he is gone and even after that, how do you find peace...



My Uncle Randy, second from left, my mom's younger brother.

Uncle Rick, Uncle Randy, Uncle Ron, Mom, Aunt Moni & Grandpa Dave (missing from picture, Aunt Becky & Uncle Roger)
pic by Madeline Smith

Uncle Randy, I hope and pray you have found the peace you were so desperately in need of. I am thankful we were able to see and spend time with you this past summer. I feel happy you were able to meet Addison.

I pray peace and healing to your family now and throughout the very difficult coming weeks and months.

2 comments:

  1. You have gone through far too much, Brandi. I'm a so sorry. Keep strong for your family. I have a feeling you are a bright ray of hope for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are sad, I am sad.

    ReplyDelete