Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mom Update

On Tuesday Mom went back in for another surgery. They found two more masses under her chin and wanted to remove them. Her surgery went fine but she has another long incision from her other scar to the other side of her neck. Along with removing the 2 masses they took out several more lymph nodes. Because she has RA (rheumatoid arthritis) she is not able to receive radiation. Apparently receiving radiation with dramatically reduce her quality of life because the radiation will attack her already weak joints. But her doctor said that if the masses and lymph nodes come back cancer positive they will have no choice but to do radiation. She is doing ok. Her face is really swollen but she isn't in as much pain as she was with the first surgery.

1 comment:

  1. B! Why didn't you tell me. I am so sorry. I will pray for her/you. Which means alot, because I only pray every so often for the really really important things. I love you.

    ReplyDelete