Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Health Issues

My mom is having surgery next Tuesday to remove the cancer growth on her tongue. Last summer she had a similar growth on her tongue and after a few months it went away. She attributed it to the medication she was taking for her RA which causes weird things to happen to your tongue. Well, the growth returned a few months ago. After the pain became to much to handle she went in and it was biopsied. It came back as cancer. After a upper body scan the doctor say it is isolated on her tongue and should be able to be completely removed with surgery. It is a scary time and I just hope surgery is the end of it. She remains calms and optimistic, more than I can say for Sara and I!

A few days after learning my mom had cancer my uncle Roger (my dad's little brother) had a massive heart attack and for the past three weeks has been in a Phoenix hospital unconscious and on a breathing machine. He had open heart surgery to replace a heart valve, had a pace maker put in and had a tracheotomy. His liver and kidneys are very weak, not to mention his heart. He is slowly starting to come out of being unconscious. If he wakes up ok he will have months of rehabilitation. He is only in his early 50s. My dad and him are very close and it obvisoulsy has been a scary, difficult time not knowing what is happening to him. His son is there with him, but getting us constant updates has been hard. He has been in the ICU since he went to the hospital and has been unable to have visitors (not that he would know anyone was there). Hopefully we can go down very soon and see him and help in his recovery.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! That is so much to deal with... I am praying for you, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my Grammy always says: "It will all come out in the wash." But until laundry day I am here for you...

    ReplyDelete