Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Addi at the Bowl

Addi had a huge milestone today! She clicked into some skis and hit the slopes at Snowbowl! As a native Missoulian, skiing Snowbowl is a must and at only 2 years and 3 months she has gotten a good start on the tradition. My good friends Scott and Jackie Gingras were in town and decided to take their almost 4 year old up to Snowbowl for his first ski day and I decided Addi and I would join them. She was a little apprehensive at first and I had to be extra goofy and excited to get her to get the ski boots on. Snapping into the skiis took a little more coaxing for both the kids. They decided they needed to take a food break and then try again. After hot chocolate and a giant brownie they were ready to go for it. And they both did! Owen the brave went first and loved it. He giggled the whole way down! Addi decided it looked pretty fun. She stepped into her skiis (I had to force her a little!) and she grabbed onto the robe tow and was ready to go! We took several runs with her between my legs on the bunny hill. I don't think she is quite strong enough to do it herself yet. After we returned the skiis she was saying, "more, skis, mommy." She is already to go again! I was so proud of her. She was obviously nervous and little scared but she tried anyway and ended up loving it!




1 comment:

  1. Beee...Randi!!! This is Dave, not M. I have to say that I am a little dissapointed that I wasnt there. I always pictured me and Dyl coaching her through slured words on the best way to ski. Anywho, I couldnt be prouder as a suedo uncle. I am so proud of her, and you for that matter. Who would of thought that you would be teaching someone to ski. I bet it was fun and want to see more pictures if you have them. Em says hi and that she wishes she would of been there too. We love you and give addi a big hug an congrats from us

    ReplyDelete