Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Making Love

She already knows everything.  In her words, her brain is full and there is no more room to learn anything else. She's pretty sure she is smarter than me now and she might be right. She recently taught me a little something on making love. I know someday too soon I will deeply miss her innocence, and her simple, literal understanding of her world. I hope she never loses the way she questions everything and tries to solve every problem with a complex plan.

"Mama, the thing is is I am all out of love. Because I used it all in our cookies when we put extra, extra love in them. But it's okay because we can make more love." she blurted out at me rather randomly.

"How do we make love?," I asked cautiously. (I am sure in many, many years down the road when we talk about this topic the tone of the conversation with be so, so different!)

 "Well, the ingredients we need to make love are vanilla, sugar and salt. We mix them up together and put it in the fridge. After one hour in the fridge we will have more love. So it'll be okay, because we can get more love today we just have to make it." Frantically she urged, "Come on let's go. Let's go make it now so I can get more love, before the whole world is out of love. "

Addi mixing up some love. 

Later that day Addi used her freshly made love to make muffins. She was sure to add "extra love." My sweet girl, just your presence fills my world with so much extra love I practically burst.




1 comment: