Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Morning

Home. I love, love, love being home on Christmas. I love spending the day in my jammies tripping over new toys and wrapping paper. I love the homemade cinnamon rolls I make and the endless pots of hot coffee. I love not having to be anywhere and I love not having to rush the kids away from their gifts. I love that my dad was here with us on Christmas. He braved the new snow on the pass and the sub-zero temps to be here for a quick overnight trip.

My dad's birthday is on Christmas Eve. I love that I was able to prepare a special meal for him, make him a cake and sing happy birthday to him. In his words, he's an old guy now! The big 6-0!


Addi, Landon and I each opened one gift on Christmas Eve night. Addi opened the new Ice Age movie and Landon fell instantly in love with the Christmas puppy Auntie Sara sent. Addi let me open a gift she made for me at school, an adorable snowman jar lantern. I loved it!


The kids cuddled together while watching Addi's new movie, each snuggling a pets. It was so adorable. 


On Christmas morning Addi and I were up at 6 am. Addi woke up the boys soon after that and the fun began. Santa was very generous to all of us. It was a wonderful time. Landon had the present thing all figured out. He spent a lot of time with each gift before opening the next. We took an intermission and had breakfast. We made the gift opening last a long time and Landon unwrapped the last gift about 10 am.

Waiting for the fun to begin.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment