Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Road Trip to Colorado Springs - Part I

Our little Ellie Bellie had a very important dance recital this past week. She has been in preschool ballet for the past year and was ready to show the world her skills! This proud Auntie was not going to miss that! Papa, Addison, Landon and I took a road trip to see her. As a bonus Sara was putting on her Tech. Sergeant stripes and we were going to be able to attend her ceremony. Plus who doesn't want to load up a four year old and a nine month old, Papa and Sid the Pug and drive 1,000 miles!!


It was a very pleasant drive. Dad and I had a great time discussing
all the world's hot topics! I love you Pa! Thank you for ALWAYS making me laugh!

We drove from Missoula to Sheridan the first day and stayed the night. In the morning we continued on our way to Colorado Springs.

The "dweebit" at a rest stop. Papa nicknamed him "dweebit" because of his hat!
He said he is too small to be called a dweeb!
Eating breakfast at the hotel!
Watching Addison swim.


We arrived at last!




Ready to hot tub!
Fallon (Sara's boyfriend's daughter), Addi & Ellie

They have a blast together!



We celebrated my 30th birthday with a big 'ol delicious cake. Luckily Ellie helped me blow out all those candles!




Sara is one of the youngest to put on Tech Sergeant stripes! She has been in the Air Force for less than 10 years, she is only 27 and continues to make great strides in her career. Yes, I am very proud of her! She is in command of her own flight and is a rock star in all aspects of her life. When she thanked Dad and I for our support during her ceremony it was all I could do to not start bawling. It was wonderful to meet all the guys she works with and to see where she works. We were allowed special guest clearance to be able to go into the very classified work space to attend her ceremony. Although she isn't allowed to discuss with us exactly what she does it was clear how important her work is and how much influence she has. Cameras of any kind were not allowed in the building during the ceremony, but I was able to get a quick phone shot of her in her blues before we left! I love that Landon is "looking up to her"! She is an inspiration to all of us! Hard work, determination and sacrifice does pay off! Keep it up sister. You make me so proud!





{We had too much fun and took way too many great pictures to fit the whole trip into one post!}

No comments:

Post a Comment