Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Freezeout Lake

Addison and I woke before the sun and headed to Freezeout Lake to witness the famous migration of the Snow Geese. We didn't see the enormous flocks on the water that we were hoping for, but we had a great time watching the sun rise over this beautiful place, spotting other springtime birds, spying on shy musk rat, and talking to other wildlife photographers. I tried talking one guy into trading me cameras! But he didn't go for it! Addison was so proud when she spotted a musk rat trying to sneak by her unnoticed in the water. I told Addison that when her and Landon go off to college mommy is going to get a big 'ol wildlife camera and follow the flocks and herds and take wildlife photos. She got all concerned and said, "But Mommy I will still need you to be at home. I will still be there to visit you!" My sweet love!





Snow Geese against a new day


Snow Geese
Canadian Geese 
Boldly displaying and singing
A chilly morning walk
Meadowlark
Red-Winged Blackbird
American White Pelicans, Addi named them "King and Queen"
 Female Downy Wood Pecker (No red spot on back of head) One my favorite birds

Later in the day we took a drive with Dylan and we were so lucky to spot this pair of Sandhill Cranes. They were really far away and perfectly blended into the trees. I sure wish the man would have traded me at least his lens!!!




{3/31/2012}

1 comment:

  1. I love your relationship with Addison. It makes me look forward to my baby girl getting bigger and sharing special times with her.

    ReplyDelete