Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Update on Little Man - 27 weeks

We had another follow up/monitoring doctor appointment in Great Falls yesterday. Our baby is holding stable. His heart function and amount of fluid in his abdomen remained about the same as last week. HE DID NOT GET WORSE!! His heart is working really hard, but seems to be holding strong.

Dr. Key was really encouraged that baby was able to remain in me another whole week. One week in fetal development time is really important. Every day, every week that he stays in makes a huge difference for our little man.

They sent me to the hospital for additional baby heart monitoring and more steroids. Dylan has the pleasure of giving me the second dose tonight! He enjoys it more than he should!! We are not exactly sure if it is the steroids that are causing the improvements, but it is worth a try. The research isn't clear if multiple doses really adds additional benefits - I guess will we see next week. I made Dr. Key promise I wasn't going to give birth to Schwarzenegger. He is such a jolly, sweet man - my joke caught him off guard - he giggled and said that they are not the same kind of steroids!

We go back to Great Falls next Friday. It is encouraging that they have spaced out the appointments and dropped them to once a week. This is a good sign.

3 comments:

  1. I am praying and thinking about you guys so much... a very encouraging update! Glad you are able to get the steroids... loved your joke :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you all! The update was very good to hear. We wish we could be there to help, but know we are thinking about you every day. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powells,
    I was brought to tears as I read your last 2 posts. God is incredible and clearly has a bigger plan for you all! We are praying for you and the baby. He is a fighter and we hope he continues to improve more and more every day. Love you guys!
    Jackie Hilyard

    ReplyDelete