Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

A Little Scare

We had a little scare this weekend. I woke up on Saturday and discovered that I had been bleeding. It wasn't a lot of blood by medical people standards (our in-house PA - Dylan), but it was enough to freak me out. Saturday evening we went to Dylan's clinic and did an ultrasound, the baby was doing great and the heart beat looked great. I bled all weekend and went first thing Monday morning to see my midwife. She was able to pick up baby's heartbeat right away with the doppler. They were also able to get me right in for an ultrasound. Baby was moving, kicking her legs and had her fist up by her little face - it looks like she is sucking her thumb! They were unable to determine a source of the bleeding. They maybe thought my placenta was torn and bleeding or possibly tearing away from the uterine wall, but they were unable to determine that. I just have to take it easy until the bleeding stops.


Baby and my uterus are growing great and right were they should be.



Our baby - 12 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment