Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy 29th Birthday Dylan





Dave and Emily came over to Helena and joined us in Dylan's 29th Birthday celebration. I rented a forest service cabin in the woods near Canyon Ferry, in the Big Gulch area. It had no electricity, no indoor plumbing, only wood heat -- our kind of luxury! When we were switching out the propane on the lantern, the only light we had were several tiny tea light candles. Besides the nauseating stench of marijuana that about forced us to leave, we had a great time.

I made a gourmet meal, as gormet as I get cooking on top a wood heat stove. I made steamed crab legs, seasoned rice, artichoke, french bread and a yummy salad. Dave said, "I have never had crab in the woods before!" For desert we had Grandma Marcy's triple chocolate bundt cake, aka Dylan's special birthday cake. And for breakfast I made eggs, sausage and pancakes!



We played several rounds of Monopoly and drank gallons of hot chocolate and cider. After going on a property buying spree, Addi would say, "No, I don't want to buy it. It's too expensive!"


It was cozy warm all night thanks to Em's insomnia keeping the fire stocked and even re-starting it three different times!

We did some hiking through the charred forest, although the crunchy hard snow was hard on the dog's pads and the bitter wind was hard on us.

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me, I have a bunch of photos from when Addi was skiing and the boys were sledding! I will need to get those to you. See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete